Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chocolate Sponge Cake with Butter Icing – Eggless



  Chocolate cake will be everyone’s favorite. I made this cake for my cousin sister , she asked to make a chocolate cake.
 Usually I make cake without adding oil. For the first time I used oil in the cake . I used canola oil in this cake.







By the second week of the April, I received a mail from a representative of the Dalmia Continental ,  which was the importer and distributor of the canola oil in India. They asked me whether I will review about the oil. I replied yes. By the last week of the April, I received a liter of the Hudson canola oil.







About canola oil :
 Canola oil is most popular in Canada . It was introduced recently in India.
  Hudson canola is a standard edible vegetable grade oil , a light oil with neutral taste and flavor. This oil can be used for all types , methods and varieties of Indian cooking  : frying , roasting or grilling . canola is neutral in flavor and aroma with no distinctive taste or smell.












 Canola oil is extruded from the seeds of the yellow canola flower. It has the lowest saturated fat among all oils , very high mono saturated fat , very high omega – 3 and rich Vitamin –E content .

 I felt the price wise too this oil is ok . As we buy Sesame oil for tempering . Both this canola and sesame oil are sold at same price. To know more about the health benefits check here. The oil can be purchased through online through their site.

 Requirements :
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Curd – ½ cup
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Canola oil – ¼ cup
Butterscotch essence – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 drops

Method :
In a bowl , add the curd and sugar and beat with the hand blender at low speed for five minutes.
Add in the canola oil and beat again.

Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder twice.



Add in the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold in well.
Add in the essence and lemon juice and mix well.

Grease the baking tin and pour this batter till half the tin.
Preheat the oven to 220* C and bake for 25 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.








Take off from oven and let it cool.
Eggless chocolate sponge cake is ready.



Butter Icing :
 I made the icing for for the first time. It won’t be look like professional . I made it up to my level……..



Requirements :
Butter – ½ cup
Icing sugar – ½ cup
Butterscotch essence – 1 tsp







Method :
Add  all together and whisk with the hand blender for 5 minutes.
Apply the icing on the cake . Fill in the piping bag with the nozzle of choice and pipe on the cake.
I placed malteser on the top.
Referigerate the cake and serve.

Eggless chocolate cake with Butter Icing is ready to serve.

  











Sending to  @ just not cakes

6 comments:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.